Sunday, March 9, 2014

DUTCH OVEN APPLE DUMP CAKE

For my 32nd birthday Shannon got me a real legit Lodge 12" Dutch Oven. I've been wanting one since going on a floating/camping trip last summer and my friends had one. Picked up some books from the library and I'm ready to try this super easy recipe to break in my first time. 

Mom and Dad got me a Lid Lifter and a Weber charcoal chimney. Now we are ready to start cooking.
 We used 25 charcoal briquettes for this recipe. Let it get hot for 15 minutes.

 Open cans and cake box. Dump. Don't stir. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Really, this is ridiculously easy.

 15 minutes later the coals are hot hot hot.

 Arrange 15 on the bottom all willy nilly like. 
 Add the Dutch Oven.

 10 bricks on top.

 We used a small fan and brush to keep the ashes off the top. When opening the lid you don't want them to fall in and ruin the deliciousness inside.

 Grab a beer or wine and some good friends.

 45 minutes later you have yummy yummy apple dump cake.

 Pair it with some vanilla ice cream. 

INGREDIENTS

• 2 cans apple pie filling
• 1 box of yellow cake mix (white would also work)
• Cinnamon
• Butter or margarine

No comments:

Post a Comment